Why am I doing this?

Repeatedly, as I have been talking to parents, caregivers, and others who love someone with autism, I have heard that there is no good place for adults with autism in Georgia. Parents are afraid to die, for fear that their children will end up in this "no good place". Where do children with autism go when they grow up?

As the parent of an autistic teen, I want to explore the options for adult living arrangements for those with developmental disabilities.

Please feel free to contact me by email if you would like to weigh in on this subject.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Disappointing day in Augusta

On the way to film at Gracewood, I hydroplaned off the expressway into an embankment about 20 miles from the hospital.   I was not seriously injured but my car was not driveable, so I missed the filming.   The rest of the day was spent trying to get back home.    I also had to miss an interview scheduled with a psychologist who is an expert on autism.     That has been rescheduled with the aide of my colleague, Blair Rinn.    Thanks Blair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment